Successfully Making Coffee
To make a great cup of coffee, follow these simple steps:
1. Start with fresh coffee that's been stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
2. Always use fresh, cold water. Your brewer should heat the water to 200°F give or take 5°F for the ideal cup of coffee.
3. Match the grind of the coffee to your brewing device. Consult your brewer manufacturer or coffee supplier to be sure.
4. Carefully measure the ground coffee- never guess. The recommended amount is two level tablespoons of coffee per six ounces of water.
5. Serve brewed coffee as soon as possible- never leave it on a warming device for more than 30 minutes. To preserve coffee's flavor and aroma, transfer it to a thermal pot immediately after brewing.
6. Never reheat coffee; even a microwave can destroy coffee's unique taste characteristics.
7. Keep your coffee maker clean so undesirable oils do not build up and affect the beverage's flavor.